Our Mission Statements
Our mission is to provide diverse cultural opportunities for reading, learning and entertainment to all citizens of our community. We lead the way to a universe of information with personal service and technology.
IN THIS WE BELIEVE
As the board and staff of Campbell County Public Library make day-to-day decisions, these are the values that we hold dear:
- Personalized, consistent, high quality one-on-one service that conveys personality and love of the library while not compromising patron privacy.
- Library staff who are well trained, informed, and feel they are appreciated.
- Marketing all aspects of library services for public awareness.
- Technology for efficient work flow and access to information, as well as unique services for public and staff.
- Public input and response to their desires for quality library service.
- Good working relationships with community groups.
- Good relationship with other libraries across the state in order to share resources, and maximize networking.
- Convenient facilities with comfortable environments.
- Active democratic processes with open meeting rooms, diverse collections and programs.
- The Library Foundation, donors, grant makers, and others providing revenues to increase library services.
- Library Managers: December 21, 1999
- Library Foundation: January 11, 2000
- Library Board: April 13, 2000
- Provide efficient and responsible leadership and fiscal management while adhering to legal guidelines.
- Represent, accurately and creatively, library services, visions and values.
- Provide a safe, structured and supportive work environment conducive to staff unity, communication and morale while ensuring the highest level of service.
- Provide guidance for technology.
WELCOME to the Administrative Services Department! We’re the behind-the-scenes folks who administer library board policy and establish procedures to ensure operations run smoothly. We plan for the future. Above all else, our wish is to make sure that your library is a place you want to be. We want to hear your ideas and input! Questions, concerns, or comments regarding these services can be directed to us by e-mail or by calling 687-0009.
— Terry Lesley, Executive Director
Circulation and Audiovisual Services
- Provide timely, accurate and efficient movement of library materials in a friendly manner while protecting patron privacy.
- Provide and promote a diverse, well maintained fiction and non-print collection balancing informational, educational and entertainment objectives.
- Provide access to technologically current audiovisual equipment.
- Empower patrons to enhance their library usage through technological advancements.
WELCOME to the Circulation and Audiovisual Department! Questions, concerns, or comments regarding these services can be directed to me by e-mail or by calling 682-3223.
— Rebecca Steffen, Circulation Services Manager
- Extend the library beyond traditional boundaries by offering services in remote locations and to patrons with limiting circumstances.
- Involve the community in library activities through the volunteer program and cultural activities.
WELCOME to the Extension Services Department! This department offers outreach services to home bound library patrons and residents of our local senior care centers, and oversees the volunteer program. We also develop and maintain the Large Print Collection. Questions, concerns, or comments regarding these services can be directed to me by e-mail or by calling 687-9228.
— Pat Brose, Extension Services Manager
Reference & Information Technology Services
- Offer personal service to library users seeking cultural, informational, and recreational resources.
- Guide each quest with accurate, courteous, and unbiased assistance, through the use of appropriate sources. Everyone should feel valued and successful at this library.
WELCOME to the Reference Services Department! Our mission is to offer cultural, informational, and recreational resources in diverse formats which support library values. We willingly guide patrons in their personal quests for information and helping you fulfill your recreational and informational needs is our commitment. Questions, concerns, or comments regarding these services can be directed to me by e-mail or by calling 687-0115.
— Ara Anderson, Reference Librarian
- Stimulate children’s interest and appreciation of reading and learning by introducing the world of children’s literature in an environment that encourages creativity, exploration and intellectual growth. (Pre-K to Grade 6)
- Guide all patrons in their personal quests for information.
WELCOME to the Children’s Services Department! Questions, concerns, or comments regarding these services can be directed to me by e-mail or by calling 687-9225.
—Sue Knesel, Youth Services Manager
Young Adult Services
- Stimulate young adults’ interest, appreciation and use of the library by offering cultural, informational and recreational resources through both an inviting library environment and outreach contact. (Grade 7 to age 19 years)
- Actively promote library use to young adults.
Guide each patron in their personal quest for information. WELCOME to the Young Adult Services Department! Questions, concerns, or comments regarding these services can be directed to me by e-mail or by calling 687-9225.
—Sue Knesel, Youth Services Manager
- Catalog and maintain library records with accuracy so that they may be easily accessed and circulated.
- Order and receive selected materials.
WELCOME to the Technical Services Department! Questions, concerns, or comments regarding these services can be directed to me by e-mail or by calling 682-3223.
—Lori Kirchoff, Technical Services Librarian
Wright Branch Services
- Extend the library beyond traditional boundaries.
- Involve the community in library activities.
WELCOME to the Wright Branch Services! Questions, concerns, or comments regarding these services can be directed to me by e-mail or by calling 464-0500.
—Mandy Quarders, Wright Branch Manager